Service Vendor Expectations
***EFFECTIVE 11/30/2020: SERVICE VENDORS TRAVELING MORE THAN 150 MILES FROM THE BORDER OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY MUST QUARANTINE FOR MINIMUM 10 DAYS PRIOR TO COMING TO CAMPUS. ONLY ESSENTIAL CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE WORK ACTIVITIES ARE CURRENTLY EXEMPT FROM THIS RULE. VENDORS WHO FALL WITHIN THIS EXEMPTION, OR WHO HAVE NOT BEEN OUTSIDE OF THE INDICATED DISTANCE FOR THE PAST 10 DAYS, MAY CONTINUE TO CONDUCT SERVICES ON CAMPUS FOLLOWING THE PROCESS PROVIDED BELOW.
Service vendors must maintain COVID-19 safety management practices that are consistent with county Social Distancing Protocol requirements when working in Stanford buildings. To ensure a safe vendor experience, departments/ building managers must follow the instructions below, including confirmation that the vendor completes the Service Vendor Expectations Checklist for COVID-19 Safety Management form PRIOR to scheduled work on campus.
To minimize impacts of the ongoing pandemic, the EOC Safety Team asks departments to determine that this vendor service is critical for continuing operations.
To request vendor service whose origin of travel is more than 150 miles away from the Santa Clara County border, please speak with your department to determine options for:
- Ensuring minimum 10-day quarantine for vendor personnel, or
- Identifying other local vendor alternatives that can conduct the work.
Instructions for Department/ Building Manager:
- Confirm the vendor has completed the Procurement Services contract process.
- Check with your local Finance/ Procurement representative for vendor status.
- It is highly encouraged to select trusted vendors with whom you and/ or colleagues have previously had successful business outcomes.
- Use the Planning Tool embedded below to ensure the planned vendor work can be conducted safely in your building.
- Review current travel quarantine restrictions at the top of this web page.
- Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions or needs for assistance.
- Send the Service Vendor Expectations Checklist embedded below to the vendor who must complete and return to you PRIOR TO SCHEDULED WORK ON CAMPUS.
- Contact your department’s financial/ procurement administrator for questions and assistance in completing this document.
- Email affected local building occupants to avoid immediate work areas during upcoming vendor work, and post room signage to notify occupants of the work being done and to restrict access as necessary.
- Keep on file for a minimum of 1 year or through the duration of the service, whichever is longer.