Service Vendor Expectations
***EFFECTIVE 3/8/2021: ALL SERVICE VENDORS COMING TO CAMPUS WHO ARE TRAVELING FROM MORE THAN 150 MILES OUTSIDE OF THE SANTA CLARA COUNTY BORDER MUST MEET ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- RECEIVE A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST WITHIN 72 HOURS PRIOR TO DATE OF ONSITE SERVICE,
- REMAIN OFF CAMPUS FOR MINIMUM OF 10 DAYS AND WITHIN COUNTY LINES.
NOTE THAT THE SERVICE VENDOR EXPECTATIONS CHECKLIST HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF 3/6. PLEASE USE THE LATEST VERSION TO DOCUMENT VENDOR SAFETY PRACTICES GOING FORWARD.
Service vendors must maintain COVID-19 safety management practices that are consistent with county Social Distancing Protocol requirements when working in Stanford buildings. To ensure a safe vendor experience, departments/ building managers must follow the instructions below, including confirmation that the vendor completes the Service Vendor Expectations Checklist for COVID-19 Safety Management form embedded below PRIOR to scheduled work on campus.
To minimize impacts of the ongoing pandemic, the EOC Safety Team continues to ask departments to determine that this vendor service is critical for continuing operations.
To request vendor service whose origin of travel is more than 150 miles away from the Santa Clara County border, please speak with your department to confirm one of the following options:
- Service vendor representative attests that their employees will conduct a COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to date of service AND test negative,
- Ensure vendor stays off campus for minimum 10 days upon arrival to Santa Clara County, or
- Identify other vendor alternatives who can conduct the work following either option A or B.
Instructions for Department and / or Building Manager:
- Confirm the vendor has completed the Procurement Services contract process.
- Check with your local Finance/ Procurement representative for vendor status.
- It is highly encouraged to select trusted vendors with whom you and/ or colleagues have previously had successful business outcomes.
- Use the Planning Tool embedded below to ensure the planned vendor work can be conducted safely in your building.
- Review current travel quarantine restrictions at the top of this web page. If an exemption is applicable, contact the Department or Unit leadership for approval to host the service vendor.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or needs for assistance.
- Send the Service Vendor Expectations Checklist embedded below to the vendor who must complete and return to you PRIOR TO SCHEDULED WORK ON CAMPUS.
- Contact your department’s Financial/ Procurement administrator for questions and/ or assistance in completing this document.
- Email affected local building occupants to avoid immediate work areas during upcoming vendor work, and post room signage to notify occupants of the work being done and to restrict access as necessary.
- Keep on file for a minimum of 1 year, or through the duration of the service, whichever is longer.